Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer

‘I Nearly Died’: Lamiez Holworthy Breaks Silence on Health Crisis

South African DJ opens up about hospital ordeal and body-shaming

Frightening health crisis

South African DJ and television personality Lamiez Holworthy has opened up about a serious health crisis that left her fighting for her life in hospital, while also addressing body-shaming comments made about her during her recovery.

Omega Tv UK WhatsApp channel

Holworthy took to Facebook to thank supporters for their prayers, describing the past few days as frightening and painful.

“I nearly died. I nearly lost my life and probably would’ve if I wasn’t rushed to the hospital on Sunday,” she said.

Emergency surgery

Her revelation came days after her management confirmed that she had been rushed to hospital and undergone emergency surgery.

At the time, her management said her condition was not life-threatening and asked the public to respect her privacy while she recovered.

Holworthy has now provided a deeper insight into the seriousness of the situation, revealing that she lost a significant amount of blood and that doctors considered giving her a blood transfusion.

She described being able to communicate with her supporters as a miracle.

A lesson about slowing down

The health scare has also prompted Holworthy to reconsider the demands of her career and the pressure she puts on herself.

She said one of the biggest lessons she had learned was the importance of listening to her body and recognising that there is no reward in sacrificing her health for work.

Holworthy said the experience reminded her that she is human and not a machine, adding that her husband, parents, siblings, children and other loved ones deserve a healthier and happier version of her.

She confirmed that she is now back home and taking time to recover.

Addressing body-shaming

The DJ also spoke about criticism surrounding a photograph of herself that she said was used to body-shame her.

Holworthy explained that she had deliberately worn the outfit because she wanted to challenge unrealistic expectations about women’s bodies.

She said she wanted to show that she is normal and, like many women, has cellulite and stretch marks.

Holworthy said she had gained weight and was not interested in hiding it.

Choosing healing over conflict

The entertainer criticised the decision to use the photograph against her while she was recovering from a serious medical emergency.

She questioned why women would attack one another, particularly during Women’s Month, and said the situation had been especially hurtful given what she was going through.

Despite the criticism, Holworthy said she would not allow the dispute to distract her from recovering.

Returning focus to family and faith

Holworthy said her priority now is healing, resting and reconnecting with the people closest to her.

She expressed gratitude for surviving the ordeal and thanked everyone who supported her through their prayers and messages.

Her management previously confirmed that the health crisis forced her to cancel appearances scheduled for 9 and 10 August, with new dates expected once she is medically cleared.

For now, Holworthy is focusing on recovery and spending time with her loved ones after what she described as one of the most frightening experiences of her life.

Leave a comment